I am a huge fan of sloppy joes. I just prefer eating it knowing all the ingredients (and be able to pronounce them).
Here is a quick and easy way to make homemade sloppy joes:
- 2 cans (15 oz) of tomato sauce
- a dash of onion powder
- a dash of table salt
- a dash of ground black pepper
- 2 T of yellow mustard (you can add more or less depending on your taste preference)
- a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce (you can add more or less depending on your taste preference)
- 1 T of barbecue sauce… sometimes I add more
Mix well .
Add this to 2 lbs of browned ground beef.
Give the sauce a taste to see if it needs more barbecue sauce or salt.
Cook until bubbling and well mixed together.
If you can eat gluten eat it on bread. If you are gluten free, this is really good put on tater tots, French fries or waffle fries.
Now matter how you eat it… sloppy joes is messy (and good).